Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moon and Star Ornaments and Home Projects...
Today was a great day, I am finishing up more commissions and have promised the girls a room make over! They are getting new beds, bedding, and actually, an entirely new room! We are giving Danny his own room and letting the girls share the biggest bedroom. I am too busy to paint, but one of my best friends, Misty, paints a room in her house almost every other week. Why? because...she can!! We live 1 mile from the paint recycle center and we go and get free house paint and mix our own colors! Anyway I hired her for a meager pittance...to paint this room for me, and she is fast! Here are Misty and my daughter Ellie mixing a batch right up...
This weekend we are going to sand and re-finish the hardwood floors...



Ellie and Danny goofing it up...

Cassie cooks us all some vanilla pudding for an afternoon treat! She also used the sander to sand a bedside table before we paint it. I train my children from an early age to be self sufficient! Ellie and Cassie both are already competent cooks! How else do you think I produce all this work???



Here are some funny ornaments I can't seem to finish...


This is going to be great, too, but now I've gotten used to his blank eyes...


Here is a moon that was commissoned!


The same buyer also ordered some small sculpted star ornaments and moons...
They were a lot of fun and I think I'll do some more, and, at a collector's suggestion... a very large Star lantern also! These could work for Christmas or Halloween, although I cringe at the word "Christmas" this time of year....as after Halloween I am sure to get a spurt of post Halloween depression, I almost enjoy anticipating Halloween more than having the very night itself!!



"Moons, moons, every where a moon moon... "


And that was my Thursday! Off to tromp about the neighborhood and trails with 3 kids and a dog!




4 comments:

Georgina said...

Looks like you're having way too much fun!!! Love the new stuff...great work!

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Thanks Georgina!! definately never a dull moment!

yoborobo said...

All your stuff looks great, and I know how you feel - the anticipation of Halloween is so great! Maybe we can get together afterward and sob quietly. :)

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Pam, YES! It really is just something to sob about! So funny!