Friday, August 14, 2009

First Moon Candelabra Complete!

I have three different iron candelabras that are going to be turned into Halloween Moon Candelabras. Two are the hanging kind, one will have three moons on it, smaller than this one, and another has SIX spots for moon lanterns, but I may do the six spot one in skulls....

Here is my first, offered on eBay this week along with a few other new pieces!


Here are some festive harbingers of Fall....
A black cat shaker on a stick, a pumpkin owl ornie, and a star that will be either a tree topper or a hanging ornament...


I love making faces! What IS it that is so fascinating about a face?


They look so cheery together...



I woke up in a fantastic, magical mood today! I know it may get hot as the day moves on but this morning early it was COOL! And as I write this, I see little leaves spinning down softly to the ground from the trees above. Everything is getting that worn out and tired, ended look. When I was a girl, this kind of weather, usually in September, meant dove hunting with my father...with my slender little Stevens 4.10 shotgun, we would go tromping around cut down cornfields with the dogs. It could be swltering or cool depending, but the sites and sounds in nature all hinted at the coming FALL! Everything turns that faded yellowish color and the smell of old plants drying up...crickets and crows chirping and cawing. (Although, I can still hear the old what I call the "hotbugs" doing their chant, its still August in the south) My vanilla hazelnut coffee going down good and I sense a bike ride coming on, and THEN back to the moonery!



6 comments:

Lisa said...

Your pieces are always so much fun, I especially enjoy your candelabras.

Melissa Valeriote said...

Love the white moon! Wonderful new pieces.

Skellyton Art said...

Brandi,

I love the candleabra! All the pieces are great! I love those vintage faces you make so well!

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

yoborobo said...

Hi Brandi - love love the new pieces. I have an award for you on my blog. :)
have a great almost Fall day! xo

Laura Irrgang said...

Ooooh!!!
Oh, Brandi---I love these!
The star face is adorable...I like all those tiny teeth.
That owl is wonderful, too!