Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Moon...
Here is my most recent moon. It is a miracle I have one ready for eeBay this week as I still have orders I'm working on and a home project left to finish and STJ update...which I did finish and I am so excited but I think its a tad early for a sneak peek yet! Here is the moon...he was photographed at night so his tone looks warmer than he actually is, he is almost white, a very pale grey, and very large, 15 inches deep!






Here is my hub Jim, he was generally covered in dust all weekend sanding the floor in this room...


I can't begin to tell you the amount of dust involved. I decided after getting them down to a reasonable level of new wood/smoothness that I am actually going to pickle them white for a cottage-ey look...(it would take many more hours and mess to get them perfect enough for a clear finish, time I don't have right now!) The walls are a paler aqua than appear here and I think the combination will look fantastic for our girl's room, anyway. I still have to put the pickling stain on. I think I'm going to mix a white glaze up myself, slather it on with a cheap mop then apply atleast three coats of polyeurathane. I also painted a beautiful black and khaki colored diamond pattern on our long L shaped hallway, (and another pattern in another bedroom) years ago. The hallway has held up wonderfully! I love PAINT!!!

A funny side note. The other night the kids and I went for an after dinner trek, late sunset.
We got to the woodsy trail and it was absolutely wet and muddy with puddles. Cassie asks me ..."Can we take off our shoes?" I said "sure" She said "Mom, thats why I love you, you let kids have their rights!"
HAAA!!!!



What is better than barefoot squashing through the mud???? We were also covered in paint from painting...when I have to wash off paint AND mud, it had to be a good day!



Bye for now!!!!



5 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Love your moon! Love the picture of the muddy feet! What a nice way to start my day!

yoborobo said...

Brandi - I am coming back as one of your kids, girl. I love mud, too, and have never worried about it (where the kids are concerned). I've always loved seeing them that way. Means they've been having fun. xo Pam

PS Love your moons!!

Lisa said...

Oh Brandi, It was raining a few weeks ago, and the mud puddle was just there and it brought back so many memories, splat jumping right into the middle and the feeling the squish between my toes. (People pay a lot for mud packs). So I slipped off my slippers and felt the mud squish between my toes, and it felt so gooood!!
They say never grow up!
Lisa

lisanelsonart said...

You can just keep that mud in NC, Brandi! But I admit I love when it dries out and cracks like a big puzzle. We have our share with all the rain lately. All the ponds are brown from the run-off and by the time they clear up, it rains again.

I love your decorating ideas and I really love that owl in the previous photos. I never saw one of your owls before!

Great stuff!

Stay well, be happy,

Lisa

Laura Irrgang said...

That's so funny. The girls are adorable. I hope Violet has their free spirit when she's older.

I LOVE pickling finish! Take lots of photos.