Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Halloween Parade is Here!!
Four new posable chenile dolls/ornies, and a couple of Warty Jacks! I had the most fun sculpting the Chenile Figures, and their miniature parade lanterns! It was great fun making all of their accoutriments. I usually work very large, and so working on a smaller scale with some fun details was surprisingly engrossing. I could make a lot more of these, and think I will!
The Cat has a perfectly wicked Halloween expression, and I am particularly thrilled with the creepy bunny. I know bunnies aren't for Halloween, but I love them and think they can be creepy too. I enjoy the vintage/retro kitsch feel of these, almost like they are antique toys. They remind me of my childhood, which was filled with bunny rabbit night time stories, bunnies in the backyard, and cats! Plenty of animals in my life both growing up and now. I think I will explore more animals dressed up for Halloween in the near future.




The Warty Jack is HUGE,..the green one is 17" tall....
the red one is my small size and they look great together in groups!


I LOVE that the bunny is carryig a skull,...just so creepy and weird...and a little unexpected!

This pumpkin boy reminds me of my childhood...the groovy 70's! Watch out avocado green and orange!!




I used glass beads sunk in his belly for the buttons,...and sculpted the tiny pumpkin parade lantern on the stick....hand cut and trimmed crepe paper collar....


Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again soon!

2 comments:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Everyone needs a maniacal bunny. LOL

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Ha! Thank you Wendy!