Friday, September 11, 2009

Spooky Time Jingles Sneak Peak!

Halloween Harvest Moon Candlestick Lamp

Here is a moon in a color I haven't done in over a year, harvest gold. Its basically a yellow ochre color, (a softer, browner toned yellow, not the same as my brighter bonfire yellow) which gives it a real old timey feel! The candlestick base on this lamp is a beautiful antiqued bronze color, which goes well with all the autumn colors of his jewel-encrusted hat. This lamp is elegant and simple, and looks so much more impressive in person. It is a very tall piece, with a roll switch on the cord. The moon lantern itself is my 6 inch size. The hat is about 8 inches high and the moon is removable and so can also sit by itself!











I actually have so many things that are almost ready, and after almost a week's absecence on eBay, I will be returning soon with many unique pieces! The rainy and cloudy damp weather we have had this week slowed down my production some as pieces just were not drying, but I am excited about a black cat lantern that is almost dry and there will be some more lanterns and shakers on a stick soon. I am making some painted Halloween antique hurricane lamps as commissions and will also be making atleast one to sell from my blog here or on eBay, so please check back soon! WIP pictures and more finished pieces to be posted soon as I can!

10 comments:

Dusti said...

Gorgeous Bran!

Brandi McKenna said...

Thanks sister! I hope we can get together soon and make some fun stuff!!!

Lisa said...

Brandi they just get better, with each one, he's actually giggling!
Lisa

Georgina said...

This is fabulous!!

Foolish Notions Vintage said...

This is beautiful and so unique, excellent job!
hugs,
Heather

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

You are just amazing! Well done!

yoborobo said...

It's just magical, Brandi. They really do come to life, don't they? :) Happy weekend!! xo Pam

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Thank you Lisa!

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Thanks Georgina! I love your blog!!

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Pam I appreciate it! can't wait to check out your stuff on STJ!!!
Brandi