Tuesday, August 26, 2014

                         The National Halloween Convention 
         
                 I found this un published draft from 2011 and I decided to post it! Sweet Memories.
                                                      
                                                
  Three weeks before here I was working away with some barbed wire I found and harvested....

    I spent untold hours doing this,....sanding,..sanding,..and more sanding,...

The spring sun was delicious to sit out and work in!
I use a dremmel to do the carving,...

Here is a table full of Warty Jacks all awaiting paint!

Here is a moon,...one for one of a pair of matching lamps. I actually used plaster and cheesecloth on the first layers for these lamps and the insides are smooth and white!

Here is a Craggy Toothed Jack in progress,..

A cat lamp,..sold every one,..and a huge devil in the background,..

side view of the cat,..

And finally,..some pics taken from the convention itself,..after the ten hour drive up to Philadelphia! My sister and I trucked up there with a U Haul trailer behind us full of treasures!
I only snapped pics with my cell,..so not the best the quality.
Here are Wendy Smith Leaumont and LuLu Kellogg!

Death and I had a great time catching up!

I love this shot of Miss Wendy in our beautifully staged and decorated "living room".


Below are some detailed pieces by Doreen Gay Castle,..(who also came to the show! I just loved meeting her!) and Jorge De Rojas of HoHo Halloween,...

Looking up at the top of the hearse on the other side,...


My Bling Bling Kitty Lamp,...wish I had gotten a better photo!
He is gone now!


The vintage hearse we had was chock full of art!

A view looking in our main booth,..

inside the hearse sits more art,..


Coming around the corner,..there we are!!

My largest sized Warty Jack and Devil Lamp,..

One of a pair of Moon Lamps,...



Thanks to Dani Nelson for getting us another great show here!



6 comments:

Cumberland Falls Arts by Debra and Mike Kersey said...

I think your work is fantastic!! I love the devils and the warty gourds the best. Can't wait to see what is available this year.

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Thank you so much! I have things listed on eBay weekly this time of year and have things on etsy as well.

Unknown said...

Please let me know when you come to phila. Id love to purchase some!cloudysunsetskies@gmail.com hope to hear from you!.thanks connie

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Connie, thank you so much. But due to health condition I can no longer handle doing shows. However,if you are on Facebook please friend me there, I still make things year round and post what's available on my page. Thanks!

Thomas Deanna said...

True story, I'm one of the people who have benefited from Dr. Ogbeifun Love Spell. Dr. Ogbeifun appeared in the middle of my life when all hope was lost. I gave up on life and thought the best way to care for my broken heart. I have several experiences with my husband who have been working with me for many years. I made up my mind to continue with my suicide before a strange spirit. Afterwards, Dr. Ogbeifun Temple, I reluctantly looked for and found testimonials and recommendations for him via his email. He answered and asked me to go away and take my life; he said that my case is solvable after consulting his Oracle. Well, here I am today thanking Dr. Ogbeifun for saving my life and bringing back my Husband. We are so happy today and happier than we have ever been. He also helped me stop my cardiac arrest problem. I am grateful for being among the people sharing this testimony. Contact him at this email ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348102574680 website

maammunilah said...


BringYOUR Ex love back Permanently
True story, I'm one of the people who have benefited from Dr. maam latiah Love Spell. Dr. maam appeared in the middle of my life when all hope was lost. I gave up on life and thought the best way to care for my broken heart. I have several experiences with my husband who have been working with me for many years. I made up my mind to continue with my suicide before a strange spirit. Afterwards, Dr. maam Temple, I reluctantly looked for and found testimonials and recommendations for him via his email. He answered and asked me to go away and take my life; he said that my case is solvable after consulting his Oracle. Well, here I am today thanking Dr. maam latifah for saving my life and bringing back my Husband. We are so happy today and happier than we have ever been. He also helped me stop my cardiac arrest problem. I am grateful for being among the people sharing this testimony. Contact her at this email maamtifah@gmail.com call or add her on whatsapp +27605775963 website;https://5cde9dab89efa.site123.me/